Insert a disclaimer from the manifesto about no PGA actions
Groups that endorse the PGA hallmarks are called upon to take on work as PGA 'infopoints' which means they spread information on PGA in their local movement. Infopoints can be physical spaces as well as just (digital) contacts.
These groups are not labelled as 'PGA' groups but are already existing groups that want to do PGA activities next to their other activities. The PGA infopoints can give visibility to the PGA process without representing it.
New: These infopoints can organise regional meetings inspired by PGA. They can also start autonomous regional initiatives that are according to the hallmarks of PGA, but are not labelled 'PGA'. There is no representative structure from the regional to the European or Global PGA conferences.
Infopoints cannot represent PGA, nor are they members of PGA, they are autonomous initiatives to spread information.
The infopoints can be started autonomously, so consensus for their formation does not have to be reached at the European plenary. Infopoints that violate the hallmarks and principles of PGA will be noticed, and other infopoints and convenors can decide to no longer work with them (i.e. they are no longer part of the process).
At every conference there will be an open meeting of infopoints where groups that want to become infopoint can introduce themselves and get to know the other groups involved.
A global email list will be started. This is a proposal to take to the global convenors. We will leave the details of the list open and trust the working group to sort them out, but we recommend that it is well moderated and with translations.
We will continue creating a PGA directory/contact list, starting in Europe and coordinating it on a global level.
New : We invite the infopoints to gather and disseminate information on global contacts. We should use the infopoint structure to make the global nework stronger.
Convenors should continue to take care of global communication (for instance by delegating it to a working group)
The existing working group continues to function with the mechanisms agreed on for working groups.
Rapid Response Network for international emergencies and crises
C - Proposal A for the entire block of Support Group: One digital space where all of the people that want to do support work gather to discuss the support tasks. We will renew the discussion on the basis prepared in Leiden, taking into account what has already been consensed on, and we leave the decision on the whole block until the winter meeting.
Old: The support group will have an open process meeting every time there is a European conference. This meeting is open to all (i.e. anyone endorsing the pga hallmarks who wants to join the meeting may do so)
New: The support group will have an open process meeting every time there is a European conference. This meeting is open to all (i.e. anyone endorsing the pga hallmarks who wants to join the meeting may do so) There should be meetings between support groups and convenors between the European Conferences.
Information on who is involved in the support groups should be open. The manner in which it will be open is through meetings; names or nick-names and a contact such as email are sufficient for identification.
The European group that is working on the Global PGA Process will have an open meeting at every European conference.
The members of the European group working on Global PGA Process will be open. The manner in which it will be open is through meetings; names or nick-names and a contact such as email are sufficient for identification.
Groups endorsing the PGA hallmarks (who express an interest in support work) will form the basis for support work. These groups will create open and transparent communication tools for the coordination of the support work.
We will invite people that want to do support work and/or become infopoints to a meeting after the final plenary. If they are interested but cannot be at the meeting, there is a contact point on the info-board to express their interest - or see the guy with his hand raised.
We aim to build personal trust between people in the support groups. People joining in should go through a process of learning in order to get involved, and there should be committment from those people joining. A face to face meeting is very important, and a first training will take place here in Leiden before the end of the conference - tonight LVC 20:00.
Support groups, in combination with the convenors, should have the autonomy of working out any problems within the group, should problems arise.
Any support group has the autonomy to organise itself, make lists, develop internal communications, and create internal working groups, so long as it is done in a transparent manner.
The function of the support groups is to help the convenors in their tasks, and is limited to the tasks decided upon for them by the European PGA conference.
Any new group [or individual] who wants to join the support groups should have the support of one group (or several) already in the support group.
We differentiate between Info Points and Support activities, but coordination should exist between them.
The support group shall regularly report about its activities to the process list.
The three main tasks for convenors are: Organising the European Conference; European networking and maintenance of infrastructure; and Global Contacts.
There will be at least two convenors, and after organising a conference at least one of the old convenors will help the new convenor/s organise the next conference
New : EuroDusnie and MRG Catalunya will continue as convenors while we (the entire European PGA network) search for new convenors. They will organise a meeting in the winter where the new convenors will be decided upon. This meeting will be open to anyone endorsing the PGA hallmarks, but will definitely include the convenors and the possible new convenors. Any further discussion on the convenorship will be discussed at the winter meeting.
There will be three email lists
The questions of who will administer all lists and how this will be done will be discussed on the conference process list (pga2002_procesaseed.antenna.nl)
The questions of who will administer all lists and how this will be done will be initially discussed on the conference process list and and further discussed and decided at the winter meeting 2002. (pga2002_procesaseed.antenna.nl).
Future of the www.pgaconference.org and 'Global Archive' websites will be disussed by a workgroup - first meeting will be today over lunch with a small report later in the plenary.
Email list of the working group - agpweb-technadir.org
At the plenary we will address the need for initiating a long-term, deep debate on consensus decision making and of the philosphies and cultures that it reflects.
Other Proposals :
Other Consensus :
pga wintermeeting | pga europe | www.agp.org